Multiple Sclerosis Association of America Kicks Off Understanding Multiple Sclerosis Progression Campaign for Multiple Sclerosis Awareness Month
For multiple sclerosis (MS) Awareness Month, the Multiple Sclerosis Association of America (MSAA) focuses on their campaign on Understanding MS Progression. Specific topics addressed in this campaing include primary-progressive MS (PPMS), preservation of cognition and other brain functions, and relapse management. MSAA will hold several events related to the campaign throughout the month, including:
- Monday, March 12, 6:00PM-7:00PM, Ask me anything with Annete Okai, MD on MSAA's free online forum My MSAA Community.
- Tuesday, March 13, 8:00PM-9:00PM EDT, LIVE WEBINAR: Helpful Tools for Relapse Management featuring Elizabeth Crabtree-Hartman, MD. Made available with support through an educational grant from Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals
- Monday, March 19, Ask me anything with Rohit Bakshi, MD on MSAA's Facebook page.
- Thursday, March 29, Ask me anything with Steven Bromley, MD on MSAA's Facebook page.
- During the week of March 19th, MSAA will focus onBrain Preservation and Cognition; with support from Celgene through an educational grant, they will:
- offer five educational programs across the country
- present the results of a national patient brain preservation and cognition survey.
- During the week of March 26, MSAA will promotehealthy living with primary-progressive MS. With support through an educational grant from Genentech, MSAA will sponsor five educational programs.