For multiple sclerosis (MS) Awareness Month, the Multiple Sclerosis Association of America (MSAA) focuses on their campaign on Understanding MS Progression. Specific topics addressed in this campaing include primary-progressive MS (PPMS), preservation of cognition and other brain functions, and relapse management. MSAA will hold several events related to the campaign throughout the month, including:
- Monday, March 12, 6:00PM-7:00PM, Ask me anything with Annete Okai, MD on MSAA's free online forum My MSAA Community.
- Tuesday, March 13, 8:00PM-9:00PM EDT, LIVE WEBINAR: Helpful Tools for Relapse Management featuring Elizabeth Crabtree-Hartman, MD. Made available with support through an educational grant from Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals
- Monday, March 19, Ask me anything with Rohit Bakshi, MD on MSAA's Facebook page.
- Thursday, March 29, Ask me anything with Steven Bromley, MD on MSAA's Facebook page.
- During the week of March 19th, MSAA will focus onBrain Preservation and Cognition; with support from Celgene through an educational grant, they will:
- offer five educational programs across the country
- present the results of a national patient brain preservation and cognition survey.
- During the week of March 26, MSAA will promotehealthy living with primary-progressive MS. With support through an educational grant from Genentech, MSAA will sponsor five educational programs.